Maitland Lutheran School is part of a long education history that began well over 100 years ago when the first Lutheran School was established at South Kilkerran in 1877. The land for the current site was purchased in 1964 with the school gaining its first registration in 1966.
Over time the school has grown from around 50 students to currently 300 due to the demand for its quality Christ Centred Education. The school has been transporting students from the Southern and Eastern Yorke Peninsula for 20 years with runs extending as far as Edithburgh, Yorketown, Minlaton, Curramulka, Ardrossan and Moonta.
A Middle School for Year 6 to 9 students was constructed in 2013 along with a fully equipped tech studies centre. Attention to community and Christian values have always been at the heart of the school and its development.
It is a proud history that has made Maitland Lutheran School the school of choice on Southern Yorke Peninsula.